Saturday, May 14, 2011

7 Years

Quaid is 7 Years old today. I'm not sure why, but 7 seems leaps and bounds older than 6. I'm not sure I'm ready, but I guess I don't really have a choice.

Watching him grow and become a young man is awesome. I love seeing his personality form and to see his passion for many different things. He loves to be on his own, drawing and reading, with a recent interest in the Boxcar Children. But he also walks around the house begging for someone to wrestle with him. Quietly building Legos can consume hours in his day, but so can running outside, riding bikes, and building cities in the sand box.

Quaid chose pizza for his birthday meal. We sprung for Papa Murphy's...honestly to make it a little more exciting for us :) And seeing how it was going to be accompanied by Mt. Dew and cake, I just had to throw in the salad...I just had to. After this first pic, I thought it looked a little ho-hum, "Come on Quaid, let's see some Happy Eyes!!"
Then I got this....much better!



He has a tender heart towards his brother. The two of them stay up late reading, chatting, or playing cars and legos. I don't ever have the heart to turn the light out on them, I know this time for them will be something they will look back on and cherish. The two of them just yesterday came running the house together telling me how Quaid showed Jentzen how to start out on a two wheeler, the two of them beaming from ear to ear. I am nearly 30 and I still remember my sister Laura teaching me how to tie my shoes.




He looks after his sisters just as well. He and Ava also have a special bond. Quaid is always helping Ava with her school, sometimes a little to much :) They wrestle, play ball, and play games together. I'm glad that Quaid has gotten over his need to win and his need to quit if he's losing :) Keira always wants to sit by "Paidey". She can say Quaid....I think it's just her way of showing how much she loves her brother.




Quaid has a passion to learn about God and he truly does try to do what's right. It breaks his heart when he knows he's hurt someone or when he disappoints us. He is cautious, making sure he knows exactly what he's getting himself into before he jumps in. And when he does finally decide to give something a go...he's fully committed and gives 110%.




Quaid, you an absolute delight in our home and we love you so much!! Happy 7th my young man!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUAID!!!! :D I saw pictures of your yard in your last post and it was almost un-recognizable without the snow on it! haha. Hope you and the family are doing good! I miss our fun times together and seriously leather is everywhere here and I am dying to buy you some hot pants or something Karen haha!! :) xox

Melanie B said...

Happy birthday beautiful boy. Wow I agree kaz 7 is huge. Try 9 for me and 5 for livvy this year. Boo hoo crying here. We miss you lots.

Post a Comment