Friday, September 30, 2011

Trudging Onward...

Deb and I were having a conversation yesterday. Well, pretty much we have one every day because if we miss a day we feel as if we're totally and completely lost and separated from each other and how on earth will we be able to catch up on all that was missed!

If you don't have a friend like that, you need to find one!

Anyway, or anyways if you're feeling a bit grammatically naughty....we were discussing how I was doing such a poor job on the blog...and how awesome she was doing. As I've said before at least 46 times...the picture thing. It stops me in my tracks. I feel like a blog without pictures is boring. I feel like the story won't have near the effect if there's no pictures to match it. So if I'm not going to take the time to put some pictures on it....I shouldn't even bother.

I had forgotten who this blog was really for. It's for my kids. So they have something to look back on when they're adults. In case they forget the little things that happened to us as a family. When I think back, I can picture them in my head...numerous "photos" of my childhood, but I can't remember every story, every funny thing we said or did.

My stories will trigger memories for my kids...I think they will remember what it looked like...and if they can't, then they will be able to imagine it....but without my story, all will be lost. So when something happens in our house, something I want to remember forever, something my grand kids will want to read and make fun of their parents for, something that my kids shared together. I'm going to try to get it down, as short or long as it is...picture or no picture.

We have pictures...scads and scads of pictures that they will always have to remember. Just because they're not on this blog, does not mean we don't have them.

I'm busy...I know, we are all busy. I'm finding as this school year is starting up, I don't have near the time I had last year. Somehow schooling just one more child has added hours to my day. Not to mention that I'm now hand washing dishes because our dishwasher broke. I've been wanting a pair of Uggs for awhile now...not necessarily for the fashion statement as I think plain Uggs are actually sort of disgusting looking. It's for the heat...my feet freeze all winter long. I've changed the style I've wanted yearly...and I've finally found the exact ones I want that actually aren't quite as fashionably challenged as the Original Uggs. So if it's between fixing the dishwasher and getting my Uggs....I'm gettin' those darn boots!! Which are actually more expensive than fixing my dishwasher believe it or not! So all that to say that I don't have time...or I should say, I CHOOSE not to have time to take the pics, download them, attach them, get them just in the right spot in my story. But take 2 minutes to jot down a funny story or something....that I have time for!

Choose...isn't that a powerful word...I try to teach my kids every day that every thing they choose has a consequence...and no one or nothing can affect their ability to choose...there is ALWAYS a choice, and no one or nothing can be blamed for any of those consequences.

So for the short or long or no pictured blog...I apologize to the rest of you....but my kids will not think it's boring...they will love it and that's why I do it! So on I trudge...creating a journal of our family doing life together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment