Friday, September 9, 2011

What I deal with....

Just a little glimpse into a beautiful day at the Walkingtons...

Keira: (while looking into the dish that had french toast mix in it) "Is that puke?"

Me: "What??" (repulsed that anything in my kitchen could be confused with the look of puke!!)

Keira: "Are we having puke for breakfast?"

......

Me: "So did you guys have a good class (martial arts) last night?"

Quaid: "Yeah it was great!!!"

Me: "What did you learn?"

Ava: "The two handed neck choke!!"

Remember that part about how I wondered how my kids got mixed up in this? Yeah....still wondering...

Then later on the day....
I was putting on a pair of my favorite shoes that I purchased just before Quaid was born. Quaid is 7 now. So a bit "out of fashion"...perhaps. I don't really care, I just love them. They're obvisously a bit broken in, the inside lining is half falling out, the toes are all scuffed. I've had them in the garbage pile a few times and they've came back out every time. I just can't part with them. I'm not a sentimental type, but they have memories. We all have that pair, or shirt, or jacket...right??

And then...

A: "Ugghhh Mom! You're not wearing those shoes are you?? Those are your worst shoes!"

Me: "What's wrong with them??"

A: "I just don't like them at all, they look terrible, you shouldn't wear them."

Me: " I like them. I'm wearing them."

A: "Okaaayyyy, but they're your worst shoes."

1 comments:

Melanie B said...

it might come in handy when you want some help with Nath. hee hee
Puke for breakfast....YUM.
Old shoes, gotta love them.

Post a Comment