Thursday, June 18, 2009

I am super excited about homeschooling my kids. Most people say, "I couldn't imagine ever doing that! You're crazy!" I on the other hand couldn't imagine doing anything else.

I have gotten to watch Quaid start from picking out the letter that I say....to figuring out what "at" spells...then to sitting on the boat at the cabin and having Quaid look down and say, "Do not sit on the rails." He read it...all by himself. It is the coolest thing ever to be there when they read their first word, do their first Math problem, to see them remember what you taught them the day before. To have little Ava sitting on the counter at snack time..."Look mom...there's a "c"!! And then tell me what sound it makes. It's so awesome to see what I have worked with her on come out and be retained! I'm sure there will be days I want to pull my hair out but right now, it's going great and to see what I get to see every day...there's no comparison!!...and I will be able to remember when each of them read their first word, knowing that I was right there teaching them how to do it! There's nothing greater!!

Quaid this week has also played Tball these past few weeks at the park in town. We've all gone to watch...How cute to watch 10 little 5 year olds chase and tackle eachother for the ball. Quaid finds it a little more fun to spin his head back and forth so the helmet twists around on his head. He keeps the helmet on his head the until one of the coaches make him take it off. What a weirdo!

I would post some pics but unless the camera jumps in my purse by itself... I for sure will not remember it! And daddy who is the family photographer has to work late on both of the nights that Quaid plays....bummer! I will try next week to get a few shots.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better be getting those shots sister!!!! I want to see him play ball!!! ooooohhh have been thinking about putting lucia in as she's not big on dancing!!! hee hee
miss you guys.
Me xxxx

Nanna Anne said...

How cute ,Ill be able to see him in person hopefully if they still play when Im over seeing you HAVENT taken any photos hee hee just kidding bout the photos bet he looked cute,love Nanna Anne in Australia

Post a Comment