Thursday, June 25, 2009

I was just hanging out feeding Keira the kids were just playing around and then....

Q: "Look what I can do mom?" (Holding up his middle finger..and all alone.)

Me: "Nice Quaid."

.....now now what do I do? Do I make a big deal of it? Do I let it go? Do I tell him it's bad to do that? If I tell him that he will probably want to do it again....

Q: "That's tall man, mom. That's what that finger is called..(singing) Where is tall man, Where is tall man, here he is, here he is......" (the whole time with both middle fingers dancing a solo up and down and all around.)

Q: "Look Ava, can you do it too? Like this, you put your fingers like this."

So my kids proceded to "hold up their middle fingers" to eachother...singing the whole time.

Q: "What's this finger called mom? (pointing to his ring finger)

Me: (Oh good, he's moved on to a different finger!) "It's Ring Man."

They then spent the rest of the time trying to put up that finger instead which is a little tricky so that kept them busy instead...thank goodness!!!

PS....Note to self...make sure to tell kids that pop cans ARE NOT water balloons. Stealing them out of the fridge and smashing them on the ground so they get holes and spray pop everywhere in the garage (and over feet, legs, clothes, hands, arms, face, and hair) is not the best use of play time.

2 comments:

Nanna Anne said...

Sounds just like their father when he was young,reminds me of Tom when young he was putting up different fingers and saying which one is the rude one Dad?he wasnt sure

Melanie B said...

ha ha ha that is soooo funny!!!
Kids really are quite similar aren't they. All innocent & curious!! Me xxx

Post a Comment