Monday, June 22, 2009

Cabin Fun

The Walkington's spent the weekend at the cabin. Third weekend in a row...Yea...we love the summer. We did some water balloons, sprinklers and boating. The kids love to swim but something about the big lake makes them a little apprehensive. And the water is still pretty chilly...I don't blame them. The did do some tubing with us. I even went. I really dislike tubing. I would say hate but once again, I was corrected this weekend by my dear Ava who reminded me that we don't use that word. But I really love my girl so I thought I could do it for her...and she loved it.

We got some sleep in days both mornings. Keira slept in till 9am and 930am...whooo hooo. We did keep our sweet little thing up till 9pm...2 hours past bedtime...I'm sure that had a bit to do with it. Evening boating is the best and Keira was quite the happy little night owl....the wind blowing in all of her 5 hairs. The other kids slept in too...not quite as late. They are self sufficient in running the DVD player so they just run up and turn a movie on...so really they don't count :) I base my sleep in time on Keira as she is the only one who really needs parenting when she wakes up. I try and do minimal parenting at the cabin as a whole. The kids pre-breakfast appetizer was BBQ Pringles...if that gives you an idea.

Sunday morning was a bit cold and rainy so we stayed in and watched The Sound of Music...yep the whole thing! Nathan is a bit of a softy for old movies...not really what I expected from him. He actually pulled up some old Elivs movies from the 1970's!! Really honey....Really??

Here are a few conversations over the weekend that made Nathan and I laugh a little....

Q: (very non-chalantly) "Oh Jentzen, looks like Ava ate your ice cream."

J: "What? Hey!!! (followed by..) Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

A: "Jentzen buddy, you were done. You were all done eating Jentzen."

I have a pretty good feeling Jentzen was NOT done and Ava sneaked her little spoon in there when Jentzen wasn't looking. Don't worry...daddy gave Jentzen an extra scoop.

Q: (coming to me in tears while rubbing his head) "OOOWWWIIIEEEEE."

Me: "Who hit you?"

Q: (through his tears) "Ava hit me on the head!"

Me: "OOhhh are you alright"

Q: "See, I told you she was crazy!"

I have lots of great pics from the cabin...I will post them soon :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment