Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Or maybe I should say uphill?


Nathan found this one morning. One very sad morning. We all know how impressionable the little ones are. And I feel that there are a few qualities that Nathan and I have that we would like our kids to pick up. Some not so much. Nathan's coffee addiction, yeah, that one I could do without. Sadly as you see, I've lost that battle. Dang, I was hoping she'd pick up the ability to down and entire cheesecake in one sitting. That's so much more useful and vital for a life full of happiness, don't you think?


But really there is a bigger problem here...Bigger than coffee consumption. A few days later I found this:She thought she was the ants pants up on the counter munching away on the entire pile of Goldfish she so carefully dumped out, all over the counter. Even the crumbs and fish dust at the bottom, all over the counter. Even after the mess, there was still a bigger issue...
See what's missing? Anyone? Anyone? The route that she took to get up to the top of the counter? No chair, no stool, no kind and loving sibling giving her a hoist up to the top. That's not necessary for my sweet girl, No sireee. For normal children it's the push of the chair, sliding and scraping across the floor giving ample warning that an impending doom is coming. Nope, not my sweet little cherry. She's stealthy. She only needs the cabinet pulls. She tucks her little toes in and scales the cabinets up to the top. You can't hear it until it's too late. Nothing is safe!


I'm blaming Ava and Jentzen as it's their preferred route for anything they need that's located 3-6 feet off the ground.


But don't worry, I got her back...
It was time to go to the doctor's...

That's just the kind of mom I am.


2 comments:

Melanie B said...

Oh Kaz she is sooo cute & getting so big.
That is hilarious. My kids do the same thing!! Liv much more than the others, the little monkeys!!!! Can't wait to see them all.

Nanna Anne said...

Just like her Aunty Mel!!!!My Mum used to say she had monkey glands,she didn't need any props either and quite often left us bewildered as to how she had gotten to where she had!She is so gorgeous,boy she has grown.

Post a Comment