Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Pink Monkey

Yesterday was a super catch up day. I had a busy weekend with my parent's party (which went great!), working, and T-ball... So I was buzzing around the house like mad all day. I had sent the kids out to play and like any good mom would, went out with them to watch them every second to make sure they weren't doing anything crazy and life threatening...well not really. As I was whipping past the window doing some chore on my list for the day that was necessary to make all the planets in my world align perfectly, I took a glance outside and saw this:


Did you catch it. There are three kids playing. Jentzen, running on the ground, Quaid trying to climb the tree...and then Ava. Do you see her? Look higher, higher, higher....There!! That little pink dot in the tree? That's my girl as far up in the tree as she could go, or at least as high as she got before I calmly told her to get back down. Really, I was quite calm. I didn't want to scare her and make her fall out! And another thing you can't see is that she was shaking the tree with all her little might...laughing at Quaid who was trying to climb a moving tree. It's not really that big of a tree. I can't believe she didn't break a limb. When I caught her she was trying to figure out how to get up one more branch which I'm SURE would have come cracking down.

I would like to take this moment to say thank you, from the bottom of my heart (that has skipped an entire minute and thankfully restarted again) to RW and DD for so kindly watching our kids last week and showing them that a trees only purpose is to be climbed. Really, we thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment