Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Rain Rain Go Away

I'm a bit behind, so rewind to a few weeks ago where it rained 10 days straight. Not fun for me or the kids. They were bugging me to go outside...so I let 'em. And no, Quaid is not 17 with a beard...he's 6 and it's mud.Quaid has learned to flash the gang signs from his daddy. It's most irritating and in my opinon totally ruins the picture. Does it make them feel rough and tough? Like any minute they're gonna bust a cap? Get in a police chase and drive 197 mph(or 300 kph if you're bundled up for winter and didn't understand what" mph" stands for). Whatever the reason I don't like it.
But he did. He totally got a kick out of himself, got my rug all dirty, ruined his nice white shirt and laughed histerically for about an hour.

5 comments:

Grandad Gary .....(the Ledj) said...

Love it! Reminds me of Nathan on the farm.

My mum used to send my brothers and I outside to play in the rain and we had a ball. We would make dams in the gutter and float boats down the rushing water. We would jump in the puddles and splash each other. If it was cold she would wrap us in warm clothes and raincoats. When we were cold and tired she would then give us a hot bath and a feed and we were happy to stay inside. She was criticised for it but we didn't care as we had a lot of fun and we have a lot of good memories from our childhood. That's what it is all about.

Brittany said...

Oh my gosh! I love this!! haha... I laughed out loud!

Nanna Anne said...

Think its an aussie male thing?Like pulling silly faces and ruining a photo!
They are sooooooo funny and REAL boys just like their Father was hee hee lucky you

Anonymous said...

Next time I say let them go play out in the rain/mud in their swimsuits.

tasha said...

I think everything about these pictures are hilarious! You are a wonderful mother for letting them experience life and get dirty! And then to let Quaid feel oh-so-cool with the peace signs... love it!

Post a Comment