Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Girls...

The girls and I went shopping with Deb for some new shirts. I'm pretty honest I think, so I make a pretty good shopping partner. Ava is bruitally honest, which makes her a good shopping partner as well but a little harsh.

Upon seeing Deb in one particualar shirt, "Deb! That looks REALLY bad on you!!!" Isn't she a charmer.

Keira has recently decided (I'm surprised it took her this long) that her crib is no longer a suitable place for her to sleep. So we've had a few new bed battles ths past week and she's now sleeping in Ava's bed. And you'd think that "Ava's bed" just meant on the same mattress. No. "Ava's bed" actually means on Ava's pillow with her head plastered right next to Ava's.

Last night after we got home from shopping I put the kids to bed...it was around 10ish which means it's not only past the kids bedtime, but it's WAY past mom's bedtime as well. So I like to throw the kids in bed, shut the door and run as fast as I can to my bed, jump in, and say goodbye to the world as quickly as possible.

Keira was somewhat settled, and Ava too so I'm thinking GREAT!!

I'm almost asleep...and then I hard a big clang on the bunk beds and couple of thumps. Really?? I'm so tired, we'll just give it a minute. No more thumps, no crying, no little voices. Sweet, back to bed I'll go.

But then my crazy mom worry radar went up. What if they're knocked out and can't cry for me? And what happened? It sounded like the girls room, but what if it was the boys? I couldn't sleep, so I drug myself down the hallway and checked on the girls first. I crack open the door, peek through the dark and see Ava sleeping. Then I scan to Keira's pillow...no Keira. Shoot, where did that little monkey go?

I scan the room, nothing. I go into the boy's room, nothing. Quaid was awake so I'm guessing the noise came from him tossing something out of his bed that wasn't "organizeable." He's got a thing about his bed being organized.

Super...just what I want to be doing at 10:15 at night when I'm dead tired. I go downstairs and start shouting for Keira, nothing. Seriously where is she? Did she take off outside? Checking the mail maybe?

I went back upstairs, maybe I missed her hiding under the bed or something. Back to her room. Since the lights were off and it was dark I went all the way in and looked at Ava. And there she was. Keira's little head fast asleep propped up on Ava's chest with legs out the side. From the door it sort of looked like her blanket. It was the cutest thing. I wanted to take a picture. But that meant two things. I had to find the camera, and then I had to chance waking them up with the flash.

Nope. Wasn't doing it at 10:30 at night. Sorry you'll just have to imagine it :)

2 comments:

Nanna Anne said...

I can just picture it soooo cute!!!!

Melanie B said...

That's precious. We lost liv once & she was asleep under her bed!!!
Lol can't wait to see how they all get along!!

Xxoo

Post a Comment