Thursday, June 2, 2011

Laundry vs. Fun



I looked out the window one day to find this...









Evidentally it's not a fort unless every single towel in my linen closet is used.




Me: (as we were leaving the house shortly after that creation), "Ava, when are you going to pick up those towels?"




A: "We'll do it tonight."




Me: "You're not going to be home tonight, you're staying over at grandma's."




A: "Oh yeah, well then we'll do it tomorrow."




Me: "It's supposed to to rain tomorrow."




A: (eyes rolling in frustration) "Well then we'll just do it the next day!"




Me: "But they'll be all wet."




A: (a super eye roll) "Well, we'll just wait till they're dry then!!!"




It's times like these when I hear the words of my wise mom echoing in my mind, "Be thankful you have a child and he has the ability to do that!" She said that to me very early on in my parenting journey when I was at wits end with just one child back in the day.




How true is that! It is always a good reminder!




Is it worth the laundry...totally! They had hours of fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment