Monday, August 29, 2011

Heat it Up, Baby!

I won a George Foreman, Lean Mean Grilling Machine during my highschool overnight graduation party...way back when I partied like it was 1999...oh wait...it was 1999.





Some may think this is a dorky kitchen contraption that you're swayed to purchase during an infomercial at 2am because there's nothing else on and you can't sleep because you either have way too many emotional problems stewing in your head or you've had 3 cans of mountain dew at 10pm.





That was not me. My emotional problems are never stewing and I can slug down 3 cans of highly caffienated beverage while laying in bed and then promptly lay my head on my pillow and drift off to sleep no prob. I know, it's a gift...or a curse, depending how you look at it.





Unlike most kitchen "one-use" appliances, I have found this to be one of my favorite things to use!





When we were first married I used to throw two pieces of chicken on it...frozen, and plain. One because I didn't now how to plan a meal, and plain because, well, I really didn't know how to cook. It cooked, quickly but the outsides were always charred and leather like. Thankfully, I've moved on since then.





I've now somewhat mastered meal planning and cooking chicken. We now use it for grilled sandiwches...oh yum! It's easy for me, the kids like them, I like them, and Nathan will actually make them himself!





Just the other day, Nathan emailed me at work stating a tragedy. George had given up the gusto...and was no longer willing to heat.





Crisis!! A day had gone by and I asked again...Is it true? Does it really not work???





A screwdriver....











10 minutes...


An electrical connector...



My Hero! It's one of the many reasons I love my man!!!






Now if he could only rig up a way to replace the nonstick coating that has completely worn off...something like that would be trophy worthy, don't you think?













0 comments:

Post a Comment