Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sweet Scents....maybe...

The craziness...it all started on Wednesday evening before I left for work. I kissed my kids good bye until pretty much the next Tuesday morning. It was work, cleaning the cabin, more work, and more work. When it rains, it pours concerning shifts at work. I take what I can get...never can tell when the drought is about to hit.

Work was followed by a 4 hour round trip escapade to bring the boat down to the cabin after it spent some time in the boat hospital. I was with the kids, but they didn't quite see that as quality time. We ate dinner at Dairy Queen...what can be more quality than that??? I tried to explain it...they didn't understand.

The next morning brought about my and Deb's birthday outing that started at 730am and lasted until 730pm. I know...right?? If you want to read Deb's review of the day go here. If you want to read Nathan's review, go here. (Since the two of them did such an outstanding job, I'm going to pass on my rendition of the day.) It was special, do go read about it. We have the best husbands...like EVER!

I came home from the all day party, packed my bags and headed out for a road trip to Denver with my 3 sisters to visit my brother Bob who moved out there last fall.

My little Ava. The sweet thing. While I was packing, she sat outside my bedroom door and cried...and not just a little tear. It was all out, full fledged crying. As if I stomped on her toe or something. I went to her, asking what was wrong. Through her huffing, and crying, and snotting, she said, "I don't want you to leave!!!"

Does that just break a mama's heart or what?? I'm pretty sure that put a tear or two in my eyes as well. We hugged and hugged, and I kissed her at least 10 times and then I had to let her go. Truthfully, I missed all of them just as much. I hadn't seen the kids much in the past few days...and it was going to be another 2 days.

My sisters and I hit the pavement on our way to Colorado....more on that later, which might include a video of me doing this, (my brother just happens to be a skydiver and thinks everyone should love it as much as he does)...and got home at 930am on Tuesday morning. The kids were pumped to see me and I got lots of kisses and cuddles. It was later that afternoon, Ava came tiptoeing into the office where I was. She snuggled right in:

Me: "I heard you were sleeping on my side of the bed when I was gone."

A: "Yeah, it smelled like you, it made me miss you more....I just couldn't stop smelling it."

Me: .....totally speechless.

A: (snuggling up to my neck inhaling as long as her little lungs would permit) "Oh, Mom, you just smell so good."

Me: (eyes raised with confusion)

A: "You do! I just can't help it, you smell so good!"(breathing in yet again)

This was at the exact moment I had been in the same clothes for over 24 hours, slept in them during a 13 hour road trip, sweat in them...not just once but a few times. I'm not one that "glistens" as some females call it...I just plain sweat. Imagine a field of sweet smelling flowers, soft fragrances blowing in the wind...That was NOT me!

But I get her, it made me seems not so far away. When Nathan's gone, I sleep on his side of the bed for just that same reason. Weird to some. To me, that's love...head over heals, crazy, too much for words, I miss you so much...LOVE!

1 comments:

Melanie B said...

love it. funny thing is I totally do that too when Ant is on night shift, sleep on his side on his pillow. LOL. xxx

Post a Comment