Thursday, November 10, 2011

It's the little things in a marriage that make it great. Anyone can have a decent marriage. Anyone can be married to another person and view them as "fine". It's the little things that make it great...and I think a huge part of great kids is a great marriage.

This morning Nathan was going to take is motorcycle to school. We live in Minnesota, and it's November. The high today is 38 degrees, winds at 20-30 mph, which makes it actually feel like 25. Most folk would call that a bit nippy for riding a motorcycle. In the effort to save a little at the pump, Nathan was geared up last night, going to fish his snowboarding ensemble out of storage, bundle up and brave the cold.

We have a heated garage and a not heated garage. I park in the heated garage...we both park in the heated garage...duh! All other motorized things we have are parked in the heated garage. When I park in the heated garage, everything else is blocked in. Nathan last night told me to leave my van outside so he could get his bike out in the morning. This morning at 6am his enclosed, warm and toasty gas hog of a car **with heat** looked a little more appealing...I can't say I blame him!

I needed to load something in my van and I knew it was outside. Yuck.

I geared up for the arctic blast. I opened up the door to the garage...My van was in the garage, nice and toasty warm, out of the frigid wind.

That is greatness.

It's the little things that say, I thought of you, I went out of my way for you, there was only benefit for you in what I did, you were worth my extra time.

Kids, that's what it's all about...follow your daddy's lead. And if you have a spouse...do something a little extra special for your honey today!

PS....I love you :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment