Saturday, May 16, 2009

I have a 5 year old!!


My oldest Quaid, had his birthday on the 14th. 5 years old!! There is something about the number 5. It somehow seems way bigger than 4. It's one whole hand of fingers...1 step close to having to use two hands to show how old you are. 4 seems so little, 5 seems so grown up. Quaid is definitely not little anymore. It's amazing to see how much changes between 4 and 5. Lucky me always gets to have a comparison for each year. So I look at Ava and then at Quaid just 1 year older...what a difference. Quaid is so much more self controlled, focused, aware, reasonable, and opinionated. You can really just sit and talk with Quaid, he can participate in real conversations. And then I look at Jentzen just two years younger and the change again...amazing.

It's unbelieveable that I have a Kindergartener this year. I knew it would always come but it's always seemed so far off. I am homeschooling so that is comforting to know that he is of school age but he will still be with me. The thought of sending him to school all day, 5 days a week just seems like so much. He still seems so little to be gone from 7:30am until 3:30pm! Not yet, not this year. We have gotten our school room some what set up and he's exited about having a room dedicated to that. Hopefully that will make school time a little more serious and focused.

Quaid is a delightful big boy (not little anymore!!) He is very tender and helpful and likes to take care of his siblings. He still loves to give me kisses and cuddles and loves to help dad in the garage. I can't wait to watch him grow up and can't wait to see his already great qualities mature. We love you Quaid!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Start counting your "nice tools" Nath....Dad

Melanie B said...

I cannot believe it. How fast does it go?? That means Lucia is close too. I know what you mean about letting them go, sending Lucia to school has been hard. It is kinda nice though that some days I will just keep her home with me to hang with!! She is learning but family is way more important. Can't wait to see him, he sounds like a beautiful boy that will grow into a GREAT man!!! You are doing a great job Kaz. can't wait to see them all & kiss them!!! (:

Post a Comment