Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The little ones grew!!!


So an update to our garden... We finally got it planted. It was kind of a funny story how it all came about. We had set a date...May 16th. This was planting day. It had been on the calendar for a month or so. The morning finally came. It was supposed to be a bit chilly. I never watch the news or look at the weather so I didn't really know what that meant. Deb called up about 9am.

D: "It's supposed to frost tomorrow morning."

K: "So? The seeds are in the ground, it won't matter."

D: "Ok, I'll be over then."

I knew it was cold so I put on my sweatshirt and coat and hat. We got our seeds and out we went. As we trudge out...the wind hits us and our bare hands. Without a word to eachother we reach the edge of the garden. The wind is REALLY blowing...and it was COLD!

D: (a silent glance)

K: (the same silent glance back)

D: "It's cold out here."

K: "Yeah really cold.....what's is supposed to be like tomorrow?"

D: "Warmer and sunny."

K: "You busy tomorrow?"

D: "Nope, you?"

K "Nope, tomorrow it is!!"

D: "Good idea, let's go in and play cards instead."

And just like that back in the house we went and that was the end of gardening!

And what a good decision that was. When I got back in the house I found out it was 41 with a 31 degree windchill (when there's a wind chill factor in May, that's just wrong!). Sunday was sunny and 70. Yeah, so glad we waited.

Doesn't it look good??? We LOVE it...and can't wait till the little buds start coming up!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a garden. Trust you guys not to do things by halves!!!! Can't wait to see all your vegies etc. I would prefer to play cards!!! Me xxx

Post a Comment