Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It finally came....

So it finally happened. One of those moments as a parent that you know will come but the time and place are unknown. But no matter what it is and where it happens, you will be sure to never forget it.

So what happened you ask?? The moment when my child made me want to crawl in a hole and stay there for awhile....

A couple we know from town came out to drop their car off to have Nathan do some work on it. The gentleman came to the door...the kids know him so they started talking to him...then...it happened...

J: "Do you have a boy?"

Man: "What?"

Me: (being pretty sure I knew what J was getting at...but trying to make it sound like something else) "You mean does he have a son like you?"

J: "No! There! (pointing to his mid-section) Do you have a boy in your tummy?"

Me: ...........(speechless of course with his wife walking around the corner)

Man: "Hey honey!! Guess what he just asked me!?!" (laughing hysterically)

Good thing it happened to this particular couple. They got such a kick out of it. I've been talking about this event for a long time wondering when it was going to happen, what my child would say? I have to admit...I always figured that it would be Ava to be the first that made me sink into my boots...well done Jentzen...you go down as the first to embarrass mom!

1 comments:

Melanie B said...

That is funny. Really really sad when you are fat (baby fat) of course I am still holding to my 2 years is not a long time to hold onto it, when your daughters ask.....Mummy when is the new baby coming???
Yeah thanks girls!!! Me xx

Post a Comment