Monday, August 31, 2009

Just Flyin' Around...

I was getting ready to head out of the house for an afternoon away with my best shopping partner...Ava. She loves going with me in fact the day before I was going south of Mankato to go pick up my 1/4 of a cow. So that means a little over an hour in the car...out for 10 minutes, and back in the car for over an hour...BORING! So we had the following conversation...

A: "Where are you going mom?"

Me: "To get some meat."

A: "I want to come."

Me: "No Ava, not this time."

A: "Please I really want to come." (We are also working on only asking 1 time and not arguing when she gets an answer...REALLY REALLY hard on this one."

Me: "No, Ava, I already told you no...it's going to be a big long car ride anyway and that's it, no fun at all."

A: "I like car rides."

Me: "Ava, no, it's going to be boring."

A: "But mom, I LOVE BORING!!!"

So Anyways, back to the main point of the story...I was giving Nathan the instructions for the kids...yes after 4 of them, he still needs to ask...I love you honey :)

He was as always, mixing up his coffee....

I saw him digging around in his sugar, milk mixture that was awating the hot water to top off the coffee...and came out with a little something special..

N: "Oh look! A fly!"

(Our house, as mentioned earlier...is infested with flies...because the kids NEVER shut the door...despite my constant nagging...there are 3 of them in a row...a little bit of a pain even in my opinion)

K: "That is disgusting!"

N: (pouring his water, finishing off the coffee making process)

K: "Oh GROSS!! You're going to still drink that?!?!"

N: "Yeah so?"

K: "It had a fly in it?"

N: "As opposed to all the fly guts that are all over everything else from you swatting them everywhere?"

K: "Well at least they were alive and not dead and rotting!"

N: "This one was alive too!"

K: "That is disgusting...and I'm blogging that!!" (While watching him drink down a big gulp)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eeeewwwww!! THAT IS SOOOOO BOY!!! huh get used to it girlfriend you have 2!!! hahahahahahahhahahha and bro that is JUST GROSS!!! we will be getting flies here again soon OMG I hate them!!!

Me xxx

PS ava is sooo cute.

Brittany Snow said...

GROSS. So glad I am not a boy!

Post a Comment