Tuesday, August 4, 2009

One More Perhaps?

So I always thought that I would be ready to be done having kids. The baby stage has never been my favorite and I knew I wanted lots of babies but was excited to have them not be babies anymore. I was so looking forwards to the big kids stuff...playing ball, riding bikes, playing games etc...

But I find myself getting a bit clucky again. A few weeks ago my co-worker had a beautiful baby girl and I just happened to be working so of course I went up to hold the little one who was just 1 day old. Oh boy, that was a mistake. The truth is I LOVED having a baby again with Keira...and I thought maybe we should give it a go once more...so the next day I sent my hubby a little message...

"Oh honey, don't you think we should have another?"

N: "We already HAVE a baby."

Me: "No we don't....we have a big baby...I want a little baby."

N: "Well sure you can...I hope he's a real nice guy!"

Me: "....." (with mouth wide open...nothing coming out)

That was the end of the conversation...Nathan is always quite quick witted...so quick it's irritating!!

So the next day I thought maybe one more nudge....

Me: "So...really we should have another little baby...they're so cute...and look how easy Keira was!!"

N: "Alright fine...I'll make you a deal....."

Oh this was going to be good, I could just tell!!

N: "If I can get a dirt bike for me and one for the kids....you can have another baby."

Me: "....." (with mouth wide open...nothing coming out..AGAIN!!)

Oh that's just great...can you just see the conversation years down the road....

Baby #5: "Mom, how come you had 5 kids?"

Me: "Because I love having kids!!"

N: "No really #5...I made your mom a deal....go on tell 'em."

Me: "Yeah that's right...I paid $5000 for you! Daddy got some dirt bikes and I got you!"

I have a feeling that wouldn't go over that well....so we'll be sticking with four for now.....although I do have until Sept 1st to do some mind changing...guess what happens on that day!?!?!?!

2 comments:

Melanie B said...

Mmmm I'd be getting in there fast!!! hee hee
He can be quite stubborn!!! & yes he is very quick witted!!! Sometimes too quick. It is a gift!!!
I have been telling ant since Liv that I don't think we are done, pity I can't get a reversal hey?? I get soooo clucky.
can't wait to see you and the chickadees!!!

Brittany said...

hahahahaha... x

Post a Comment