Thursday, September 3, 2009

I go clothes shopping for the kids once a year. Sunday was Ava's day :) She loves to shop so she was pretty excited about it too. We go to my staple store...Once Upon a Child. I love it there because I can obey my clothes rule. $5 max price for anything....well except for jeans....hard to find them for $5 or less. So I raise the price on those to $7.50.

There have been a few times I have broken my rule for a "To Die For" shirt for Ava. Sorry boys but there's nothing that interesting made for boys that warrants a rule breaker.

But I was surfing ebay looking for some shoes for Ava...I want an Ugg like pair of boots for her...and look what I found......


http://www.uggaustralia.com/ProductDetails.aspx?gID=k&productID=5649T&model=Cardy

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!! I watched a pair on ebay...it ended up selling for $57. Really?? $57...there are people out there who would spend $57 on a pair of shoes for a 4 year old!??!?!? That blows my mind! I grumble on having to spend $18 on shoes for her!

Now me on the other hand (they make them in my size too :) I would spend that much on an adult pair of shoes....but right now with one student/unemployed bread-maker of the house...not a wise decision. Bummer...maybe next season!!

Although maybe not....it they are $57 for a 4 year old...yep you're right...that's makes them $120 for a 28 year old! Really...those Aussies are just darn greedy aren't they?!?! All they are is some skin off a sheep's bum and some stiching and slice of old tire on the bottom right? And I have the same rule for myself for clothes shopping....I just don't do it...and when I have to, I usually just find whatever I can for $5 or less at the end of the season sell out and that will have to do....I don't buy "trendy" clothes...I stick with the classics that I can wear year after year. As long as it serves it's purpose and is clean...who cares. Besides that...I have way more fun shopping for my kids than I do myself!

I took one of our 17 year old youth group girls jean shopping with me. She had no idea what she was getting into. 4 stores and 24 paris of jeans later...I finally found one that I love. The last pair I bought was 3 years ago...and it will be at least another 3 years before my next pair...and take a guess where I found them....the first place I should have gone....Starts with "B" and ends with "uckle" Jealous Mel???

If anyone is selling a pair of those gorgeous boots from those money hungry Aussies out there...I'd give ya $20...going once....going twice...any takers??

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll buy you a pair when we come over but really you gotta know where to look cause they think you guys are dumb and try to rip you off!!! (:
I have to say though for Sheeps bum and tyres anths have now lasted 5 years!! You know they try to get tourists to pay $9 for a pkt of Tim tams I mean come on!!!!!
Might have a pair that fit Ava will have a looksie and send them over,don't think they are real ones but hey......and I am with you on the budget for clothes.... Can't remember when I last bought something and yes I am jealous of uckle with a capital b, not sure if my jeans are gonna last another year???!!! Lol

Post a Comment