Monday, September 28, 2009

The kids saw grandpa down in the pumpkin patch one afternoon...(imagine that? where else would he be??)

The kids wanted to go see him so off they went on their bikes...Ava came running the house, I was on the phone. She was asking me if she could go with grandpa's squash or something like that. I said "fine" but not really knowing what I was saying fine to because I was talking to her, and talking on the phone at the same time...whatever...off she went.

I try and keep an eye on them when they're down there to make sure they don't wander too far. Looking, Looking...no kids....Well they'll turn up when they're hungry I guess...:)

Quaid came running in the house...

Q: "I'm just getting a drink mom, then I'm going to go down the road with Grandpa to deliver squash."

OOOHHHH Now I get it! I would not have told Ava she could go...who knows how far grandpa was going to go...and Ava's little legs wouldn't last that long!

Me: "No Quaid, you're not going to do that...where's Ava?"

Q: "She's down the road with Grandpa."

Me: "Where's Jentzen?"

Q: "Ummmm I don't know."

Me: "Alright...you stay here Quaid don't go anywhere."

Looking, Looking...no Jentzen....I didn't want to send Quaid off looking...then I would have three kids lost!

Then the phone rings...my mom....

Mom: "Did you know that Jentzen is over here?"

Me: "No, not exactly...I knew he was somewhere outside."

Mom: "Well he's over here looking for Quaid and Ava."

Me: "Great...send him home!"

Here comes Jentzen trotting through the field...Okay now I've got two kids...one more to go!

I figured Ava knew the way home, I'd just wait...and wait....and wait...and wait....

Okay it's been awhile now...I should probably go look for her. In the car we went and down the road...I found her and my dad about 1/2 mile down the road...Ava on her bike and grandpa pulling his wagon full of squash.

Ava looked quite relieved to see me.

A: "Mom! I told grandpa that we should go back home but he said no! He said we had to keep going! He had too much squash!"

Me: "That's okay. I thought you might be getting tired. I'll bring you home."

A: "I told him mom...I told him you would be "respecting" home. I told him you would be "respecting" me!!"

Me: "You mean expecting?"

A: "Yeah, expecting me home."

So there you have it...all three kids! What am I going to do when little Keira is out there running around with them?

Leashes....really long leashes!

1 comments:

Grandad Gary .....(the Ledj) said...

Radio collars with GPS work well :)

Post a Comment