Friday, April 23, 2010

Quaid is a drawer. He draws and draws all day long. He has never really been one for coloring books. He likes to make his own pictures. If there is ever any down time, he has papers and crayons. He'd trade his books in at rest time and bed time for crayons anyday. And honestly he is better than me. I'm not just sayin' that cause he's my kid. He really is. I have absolutely none, zip, zero, zilch talent in the artistic area. I struggle to draw a smiley face. There was no greater torture for me than arts and crafts time in school, or being told to illustrate a story. I despised every minute of it. The same is true in the musical area. I was in the "percussion" group. Yeah, they let me play the crash cymbals. That's what they do with the kids who have no rhythm whatsoever. It was for sure one time when, "I can't" was a perfectly acceptable answer. I always hoped that my kids would be somewhat talented in either are.

Well, my boy Quaid can draw. And he's creative. I have piles and piles of pirate ships, castles, dinosaurs, and race cars. Lately he's into copying things...like this motorcycle...
Not bad for a 5...(almost 6!!) year old...truth is, it's better than I could do!

1 comments:

Melanie B said...

Awesome xxx

Post a Comment