Monday, April 19, 2010

Do you speak Jentzen?

So Jentzen...he's the coolest isn't he? I think so. He's got this awesome little speech glitch. Awesome most of the time...sometimes it's a bit irritating more so to Nathan than to me. He can totally says his "S" sound...you know how some kids have a hard time with that one. Well not Jentzen, there's no Syd the Sloth lisp for him (come on Jess, do the reenactment...I know you want to :)...he's got it down pat. Except that is when it's the first letter of a word that's followed by another consonant. What words would those be? A few examples of Jentzen Talk...



Spot = pot

Spit = pit

Scoot = coot

Spank = pank

Sting = ting



Well you get the picture. It's strange because if there's a vowel right after it, he says it perfectly, like in: sing, sit, sand, etc...



So I get:

"Mom, can you coot me in to the table?"

"Mom, Quaid pit at me!"

"Jentzen, what happens if you do that?" "You pank me!"

"Mom, that bee is going to ting me...GET IT GET IT!!"

And my most favorite:

"Mom, I found my resting pot!!"




Every day the kids need to get their books, find a spot and stay there for the next 20 years. Well maybe just the next two hours and have reading/resting time. It's reading time for Quaid, the others usually fall asleep. As you see...Jentzen chose the stairs for his resting spot...so there he rests.

BTW...we are correcting him, so hopefully he won't be talking like that when he's 27. And then it becomes..."sssssssssssss pot." He still sort of seperates it. I get a kick out of him, and know I'm going to miss his cute little sounds sooner than later!

3 comments:

Jess said...

I love the picture. So great. And of course I did the Syd act here at home for you.

Brittany said...

'Don't call me Dash. If you call me Dash I'm gonna 'tomp away'
haha

Anonymous said...

tute. i mean cute!

Post a Comment