Sunday, September 12, 2010

A normal day for me...Off to work by 6:30am which leaves Nathan holding down the fort for the day babysitting the kids.

I think it's a total crackup when dad's say they're "babysitting" their own kids...Really? Nathan doesn't really say that for the record...just thought I'd throw that in there, because I've heard it more than once...

I always send Nathan the "daily directions" email. I've become religious about it. Even though I'm at work, I like to think "I'm" at home...aka Nathan pretending to be me. So the list comes with all the things that "I" would like to do during the day so that when I come home it's as if "I" was home busy all day!

On it are things like: Make the kids eat the bananas...they're almost off. DON'T down that tub of cream...it's for dinner! Make the kids clean their rooms. Sweep the kitchen floor. Do the laundry. DON'T do the laundry!! Fix all the things the kids have broken in the past week. Have the house spotless, with the smell of fresh flowers filling the house and candlelight flickering, all the kids in bed with a romantic dinner for two on the table next to a game of Sorry set up for after dinner entertainment...all by 4pm when I come home.

A girl can hope can't she? Actually almost every list is conquered by the time I get home...I should try it sometime!!

But this morning I got a daily update email from Nathan that made me chuckle...

"great start... all of them awake at 7:30, I think Keira had a marker as its all over her and I have some on my face hahaha then she threw your picture frame from beside the bed off the balcony... that was all before 8am"

Looks like it will be an intersting day for the babysitter :)

1 comments:

DWNUNDR said...

well it hasnt gotten any worse so far... hahah

Post a Comment