Friday, April 8, 2011

Guess Who Made What?

I have started making my own bread and sandwich rolls. There are a few reasons...

1. The smell. I love the smell of fresh baking bread and to have my house smell like that...well it's just a little slice of heaven.

2. The taste. Fresh baked bread just tastes good. Like really good. I have found a pretty good recipe that is kid and husband approved.

3. The times. At approximately $.50 a loaf...it just makes sense. We eat a lot of bread...and that's a lot of quarters saved.

4. The feel. It just makes me feel resourceful, home-makerish, like a real woman back in the 1900's when they really worked hard. True, I get my flour from a bag and throw it all in the bread machine on the dough cycle. That still counts as working hard, right?

5. The health. Everything home made is just better for you...hands down.

Nathan was helping me cut out the rolls one day....Guess what ones he made?

2 comments:

Melanie B said...

Awesome you are using your bread machine!!! They look great be over in oh 36 hours!!!!!! (:

Nanna Anne said...

You never know you may start a new fashion in bread rolls haa haa

Post a Comment