Sunday, July 24, 2011

Morning smiles...

I am an early riser...which I love that I love. It's amazing how much one can get done between the hours of 5am and 8am with no children around. Being that I get up that early on a regular basis...I REALLY look forward to mornings I get to sleep in! I still love doing that too!

I love waking up and not having to get out of bed. I love hearing little feet running around the house. And most of all, I love the kids running into our room and jumping into bed. It's usually becuase they're hungry and not really because they just can't wait to see us after a good 12 hours away from us during the night. But I think what I want.

Keira came running in this morning, hopped over me and then saw Nathan.

"I'm going to sit on daddy's face!!!!" Probably not exactly what he wanted to hear because he was still sleeping. But Keira being none to concerned with Nathan's need for some REM's...grabbed a pillow, slappeed it on his head, and hopped right on top. I was laughing....he was not. So he flipped her off. She felt slighted of course...I mean really! Who wouldn't want a little girl suffocating him with a pillow mid dream? I was okay with it because she of course came cuddling right in with me.

"Oh Keira! Come give me some cuddles, you're my little cutey girl!" She snuggled right in.

"Yeah, I am! And daddy's too!"

"You're daddy's cutey girl too??"

"Yep, and Ava's, and Jackie's. They like me too!"

Raising a confident girl....check! Mothering duties done for the day....check!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan flipped off a 2 year old? His own daughter? I need to have a talk with him!

DWNUNDR said...

not the bird... I save that for you DEB!

Post a Comment