Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nathan had the kids one night a few weeks ago when I was out. Can't remember what I was doing...most likely playing cards :) He is always great about letting me go and do what I need to do and better yet what I want to do. Sometimes it's not always a wholly sincere, "Yeah sure, go ahead" but still no complaints...Honey I love you and so appreciate it!! But on to the story...

So I come home and Nathan was working in his shop. He says, "Guess what Quaid did?"

He continued with the story...Quaid came down, awhile after bedtime all dressed in his jammies, peeked through the door, "Dad could you stop all that noise, I'm trying to sleep!"

Nathan's shop and the boys' bedroom share a wall...so when the power tools are operating it's pretty noisy in their bedroom. Nathan promptly told him no, deal with it, and get back in bed. A few minutes later...

"Dad?" now from little Ava, "Quaid is trying to sleep and it's too noisy for him!"

How sweet Ava to back up your brother, but now you've learned that Daddy's tools are a must and poor Quaid will just have to get past it!

A few nights later, once again Daddy was at it again as I was putting the kids to bed. We had just finished our bedtime routine and as I was giving Quaid his kiss and cuddle, "Mom, could you tell daddy..."

"No, Quaid...go to sleep!" I knew exactly what he was getting at.

Like I said right now it may be an annoyance but in a few years he won't complain a bit when he's right by daddy's side wrenching away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment