Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Kisses from my boy

What is the age that boys don't want to kiss their mom anymore?

I thought for sure till at least 10 years. Quaid who is 4 1/2 has been thinking he's a bit too cool for mom's kisses lately. He looks at me with a half disgusted half cheeky grin face and promptly wipes off any kisses I give him, much my dislike.

So today Quaid and Ava were playing around....

Me: "Guess what?"

Quaid: "What?"

Me: "I love you!"

Quaid: "I love you too mom."

(a breif pause while playing)

Quaid: "Want to give me a kiss mom?"

Me: "I ALWAYS want to give you a kiss!!"

Quaid: "Well, you can."

Me: "I can?"

Quaid: "Yeah, you can kiss me now."

Me: (running over so I don't miss this one) "I love you Quaid."

Quaid: (casually, as if there would be reason for anyone to think differently) "I know, mom."

FYI Quaid...I will be giving you kisses for the rest of your life whether you permit them or not!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment