Sunday, February 1, 2009

Back to being Mom

We have returned from a little weekend away. I do enjoy escaping for a short time from the duties of being mom. As much as I look forward to it, while I'm away I constantly think what my little ones are doing...are they laughing, are they sleeping, what are they eating, are they missing me, are they being good kids?

They came back with rave reports and I'm pretty sure the didn't miss me at all. They had tons of fun with all their cousins. Word has it that Quaid stayed up till 11pm watching a movie with the big kids. What a party animal. After the sleepover they went to Auntie Sue's. They went to Rainforest Cafe for dinner. Sue found out that giving 3 small children apple juice (when the extent of sugary drinks they are used to getting is one sip of pop) produces many trips to the bathroom and when you're alone it means everyone going everytime. The ended the stay with a big bubble bath in Sue's huge bathtub.

Nathan and I went to a great marriage seminar with Michael and Amy Smalley....Google them if your interested...they have some good stuff. So what did we do with a day without the kids? We ran some errands for my mom and ended the day grocery shopping...I know, very romantic. I am into a once a month shopping trip. I made my whole menu for the month and grocery list to match. So two carts and 1 hour and 40 minutes later we were done! (Note to self, don't pick a Saturday afternoon...everyone and their dog shops on Saturday afternoon) Pretty sure Nathan is not too excited about this new system since it involved him being dragged along with me. Two carts way overloaded would have been a bit tough on my own.

We picked Keira up from Aunt Debbie's house. What a great friend I have to watch my two month old for a whole night and day right after she got her shots at the doctor. She was a bit fussier than normal, a little crabby with eating and didn't sleep real great...but I'm pretty sure she is still loved at the Hardison home.

So this morning waking up to a house with no kids was so weird. I woke up at 6am...Keira made a little fuss...and as I was dozing back to sleep I swear I heard the pitter patter of Jentzen's little feet running through the hall. I was about to get up to see what he was doing...and then it hit me...they are not home. So for the next two hours I woke up on and off convinced I was hearing them. No, No I wasn't...I guess I always have "mom radar" on!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment