Monday, March 29, 2010

Without Me!!!

It's here already. Nathan will be leaving tomorrow for a quick trip around the globe to visit some dear friends, The Appadoos. I almost had a ticket in my name as well...but I just couldn't do it. I surprised myself and I'm pretty sure Nathan wondered where his wife had gone and who was this emotional mess that was next to him. Long story....but I am very confident with my decision to stay home and am actually pretty pumped for the week ahead minus a husband and son.

Life with only 3 kids?!?! I can hardy believe it. I'm thinking it's going to be a breeze and I hope the 3 don't stand up to prove me wrong. I like to think back at my evolution as a mother. When I had Quaid, I hardly went out with him alone. I was scared and nervous about what would or could happen...I didn't want to be one of "those" mothers. I'm sure everyone out there knows what I'm talking about. "Those" moms whose kids are screaming at the top of there lungs, the entire time you're in the store. The one whose kids knocks down an entire display of glass knickknacks shooting shards of glass to all the surrounding shoppers, sending everyone to the emergency room for hours of surgery and lifetime scars. The one whose kids are flailing on the floor in the middle of the isle and spits on you when you try to pick them up. The one whose kids has a total blowout diaper, slimy up the back and leaves a stench lingering trail like a thick fog behind every step, while passing by ole Aunt Tillie who passes out from the gaseous odor and breaks her hip.

Well I guess, maybe it wouldn't be quite that bad...but I wasn't taking the chance. Then comes sweet baby #2. I've somewhat gotten used to being a mom and felt fairly in control of my child. The thought of going out with just 1 child seemed effortless. And then baby #3, which led to outings with 2 children. And now I'm to the point where all 4 is totally doable and the thought of just 3 kids...well that's just a little slice of heaven!! I've got lots planned for the week and am so excited for the different dynamic between the children, being down one brother.

I most likely won't have any photos of the week...I do not like carrying the camera around, and don't really like taking pictures...and cut me some slack...I do still have 3 children with me, I'm not superwoman!

And here's some totally unrelated pics...just because I love them!!

PS...A shameless plug for my beautiful friend Tasha who took these...she's an amazing extremely talented gal and I love her!!

2 comments:

Melanie B said...

Oh KAz you are sooooo awesome!!!!
Please please please send me those photos I have to scrap!!!!

Me xxx

Jess said...

Karen - You've inspired me to blog. But I don't think I can keep up with your great stories and creative writing.

I'll just blog about my fall down the stairs and spilling on myself!

Post a Comment