Friday, March 12, 2010

The Wild Zoo

We have this "Zoo" in our toy room. It's the coolest thing to hold all our stuffed animals in one place. When I saw it online...I had to have it. And right when I got it, I had to put it together. And then after I got it together I figured out that it would have been much easier to paint if not together. So here it sits..not painted but serving a purpose...maybe some day it will be a pretty zoo. But this day, I figured out that it can hold more than our stuffed animals....
It's a great place to stash away my crazy monkey named Keira! And quite the monkey she is these days. Her favorite place to be is sitting on top of the kitchen table...which isn't allowed. She has figured out how to put the ottoman up to the stools and climb from there to the stools and then onto the kitchen island...again, not allowed. And then just the other day she pushed the ottoman up to our sofa table, climbed up on that and tried to go fishing in our fish tank...which now holds only 4 fish. Have I mentioned that? Keeping on the "zoo" topic, we went from 6 fish to 4....but 4 are going strong. The two that didn't make it were the scrawny ones...they got stuck, one in the filter and one on a plant. Not sure how long it took me to notice. They were tumbling around the tank for a few days with gills slightly moving until they finally gave in to the ways of nature...only the strong survive. One was identified as one of Jentzen's fish, T-bone, which was named by Jentzen himself. The other is yet to be determined, we weren't quite sure which one it was and the kids weren't really interested in figuring it out...so respectively we're going with Fish #2. Good think I caught Keira or we would have been down to 3 if she had any say about it.

Anyway, back to the dry zoo....I thought I could contain her....but ladies and gentlemen, take cover, hide your children, and lock your pantry...this monkey is breaking free...she is on the loose!!
And her favorite food, which is requested at every meal....just happens to be "nana."

4 comments:

DWNUNDR said...

good pics... wonder who took them AGAIN?!!!!

Nanna Anne said...

Love the pictures looks
like the monkey glands have been passed on!
Climbs like her Aunty mel did when she was little no fear of heights so cute your little monkey!!1

Melanie B said...

Oh kaz she is growing so fast!! I love the zoo it us uber cool!! I want one!! Wonder whether I could fit one is my suitcase monkey included!!?? Bahahahah. I soooo miss you guys!!! Love the banana, monkey glands for sure!!!

Me xxx

Brittany said...

Look at how long her hair has gotten.. she is growing up so quickly!
x

Post a Comment