Monday, March 1, 2010

The real life...

I have been working a lot lately....A LOT. Almost full time for the past few weeks. I'm not sure how my schedule happens like that. As of Feb 22nd I only had 8 hours for the next week and by the 25th I had 35 hours. It just sort of sneaks up on me. We are short a few employees at work, they are desperate, I'm taking advantage of Nathan's school schedule, and covering until he starts his new job on Monday....YEAH!!!

Although I am putting in nearly 40 hours per week...I feel like I'm not working as much as I was when I was working two 10 hour days. That's strange because I'm acutally working twice as much, yet I feel I'm getting twice as much done at home. It's just the different hours. When I'm home all day I get lots done, feel like I get lots of time with the kids, and lots of time to myself. After all I pretty much go into a dazed coma after 8pm when I'm home, but working those late hours is totally doable...the excitment and business of the ER from 8pm-11pm keeps one on their toes no matter the natural body clock. It's the next mornings that are a little rough.

My kids on the other hand have quite a different perspective on my working. I feel like I'm home more...them, not so much.

Between Deb and Ava:

D: "Ava don't breath and touch all over my cup."

A: "Why not?"

D: "Because you're a little sick and I don't want to get sick."

A: "Why not?"

D: Becuase then I won't feel good and won't be able to go work."

A: (pondering) "I think I'm going to get mom sick so she can't go to work."

Oh my heart melts for my little one. She would have me right by her side every moment she's awake...unless the plans are to go to Grandma's house...then I'm immediately set aside into #2 position : )

It's temporary. As I turned the calendar to March today...it looks a lot better. February had one white space day that had nothing written on it...for the whole month. March WILL have a lot more white spaces, or maybe not...just as long as they're filled with trips to the Children's Museum, Bingo nights, and reading times.

But turning to March also brings another bitter sweet day. March 30th. Nathan is leaving with Quaid for 8 whole days to go here .....WITHOUT ME!!!! I will miss them more than words can say. The countdown begins :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment