Monday, December 6, 2010

Anyone remember that song? It was a great one. Couldn't tell you who sang it or what year, but I'm dancing in my chair to it at the moment. No not really, if you know me, I'm sitting in my chair not even tapping a toe.

Well we made it back to good ole MN full of snow and cold. Las Vegas met all my expectations...I kept them really low going into it to not be disappointed and it worked. It was big bright and beautiful...well partly beautiful. The buildings and the roulette wheel were impressive...everything else...NOT. We saw the Grand Canyon which needs no words...if you've been there, you know. If you haven't...you should go.

It was a lot of walking, which I enjoyed but I think our next vacation should involve some sweating, sand, and water.

It was a good break for both me and the kids. They had a great time with lots of great people who love them. After not hearing their voices, or actually any child voice for 5 days was weird. I got into the car and thought, "Oh, yeah, that's what they sound like." It was very strange.

We are back into it...school and all. I am a bit confused with one thing...how can 5 days make 4 loads of laundry? Anyway, it's good to be home in my own bed, and hearing my kids talk, laugh, and even fight :)

I'd post up some pictures of what we did but I can't. Our camera was stolen. It was left in the rental car and obviously it was gone when we went back to claim it. The lady at the counter said, "We usually don't have a problem with things missing." Yeah well who wants someones dirty socks, hat, mittens, umbrella, or half eaten bag of chips? A camera is a bit more desirable item. So someone in Vegas who works for Hertz just got an early Christmas present at our expense....GRRRRR.

So we have no pictures except a few that Nathan took with his phone....and I'm a bit cranky with the world at the moment. Sometimes I feel like it pays to be dishonest, a liar, selfish, and just mean in general. Sometimes I feel like those who try to do things right, trust in others, and treat others right just get stomped to the ground no matter what. It's a bit discouraging.

But I am reminded that the Lord is good to me, even if everyone else isn't. Some days that's easy....but today, not so much.

Viva Las Vegas.

2 comments:

Nanna Anne said...

i AGREE WITH YOU KAREN BUT WHAT A MAN SOWS HE ALSO REAPS,MAYBE NOT NOW BUT LATER,MAYBE THE CAMERA WILL DIE HEE HEE OR YOU NEVER KNOW HE OR SHE MAY HAVE RED EARS AND DECIDE TO HAND IT IN,IT DOES HAPPEN,HOPEFULLY IT DOES FOR YOU.wHAT A SHAME IT HAD TO HAPPEN ON YOUR HOLIDAY.THE GRAND CANYON SOUNDS GREAT,GLAD YOU HAD A NICE TIME

Melanie B said...

mmm I do remember that song, sadly enough. Makes me feel really old now. Glad you had a good time. Sounds like you did. Hope you didn't spend too much time at UFC and you got some romancing in!!! hahahaha I wanna see the Grand Canyon, next time take me!!! PLEASE.

Me xxx

PS I definately did enough shopping to last me a lifetime, but food is the never ending thing I have to shop for, plus wrapping paper etc for christmas & other people not just me!!! hahahahah

Post a Comment