Monday, November 16, 2009



This weekend my friends Jess and Michelle came for their tri-annual visit. Jess lives in SD and Michelle lives in Wisconsin so lucky me lives in the middle and doesn't have to drive. We started making our visits "crafting" weekends. We all pick something we want to make and well...we just sit and craft, after a few hours of shopping and eating of course.


This time, we decided to go to Hobby Lobby in Mankato. I've never been there before and was super excited to go. It was all I dreamed it to be. I could have spent hours there! Until I was a little disturbed by their inventory. All I really NEEDED was some paint for my canvas craft I had planned...but then I found something like these:

HOW PERFECT!! I could hang one with each of my kids letters in our entry for their coats. Yep, I NEEDED them!! So I looked, Yep, there's and A, and a J, and a K, and a.....and a....P....then an R...WAIT!! There was no Q. NO Q!! yes i know it's not the most popular letter, but really.


So I found my friends and were waiting in the checkout line and I explained my problem. They thought there would for sure be a Q...because after all, Who would ever need a Q? It wasn't that there just wasn't a Q in the Q bin, there wasn't a Q bin at all! It went from P and right next to that was R. So I looked at a different style. Same thing. And yet another style. SAME THING!! They had 4 different sets of alphabet wall hooks...not one of them with a Q bin!!


HOW RUDE!

The ones in the picture above are weathered with a rusty beach look...not really what I wanted.

So now I was on a mission...I wanted those. I figured there must be skads and skads of people who sell them online...so I went to browsing around for them. Nope, not as many as I thought. There are tons of letters to hang on the wall, but not so many that are coat hooks...I did find these which I loved:



But they only come in red...and guess what letter is not on their letter list....Q!!


Searching JC Penny brought up the lingerie section...I guess the word "hook" was most closely related with a bra hook??



And then I found these on someone's blog....PERFECT...I LOVED THEM! So I opened the link to their website:

KAPSTOCK means coat rack in whatever language they speak in the Netherlands. Dutch I think? Yeah so I was rummaging through the site to find something in English. I did somewhat find how to custom make your own lettering but this is what it said:

Generate your Letter Coat Hooks Price
Your Finished Letter Coat Hooks
Characters chosen: Q A J K
Price: £345.52 (exc VAT)

I honestly don't know what money they use there but pretty sure that's a lot of money for some coat hooks....and shipping...yeah that would probably be a lot!

So I continue on...if anyone can find what I'm looking for...I would be eternally grateful! And poor Quaid...I have a feeling he's going to be dealing with the "missing Q" situation all his life...and Jentzen...we'll he's going to love that special little Z in his name too :) Ava and Keira...count yourselves lucky!!


2 comments:

Grandad Gary .....(the Ledj) said...

Make a paper template with some dimensions and the type of material, scan it and email it to me. I will see if I can make you one and post it over

the Welmers said...

The do speak Dutch in the Netherlands. Bernard is fluent. The money mark in the ad is British pounds which I find funny since they use the euro in Holland (the Netherlands).

Have you tried http://www.etsy.com/ ?
They have a lot of great stuff, all handmade and most of it customizable.

Good luck!
Angie Welmers

Post a Comment