Thursday, January 7, 2010

So my kids have not left the house since we got home from skiing...that would be on the 28th. It's now the 7th...you do the math...a LONG time!! They have been sick almost the whole time...on and off between them all. Just colds...nothing major...but still.

I'm not really one that will take her kids out with snot dripping out of their nose. It's gross...and that's how others get sick...and I know first hand what a pain it is to have sick kids. Most of all I get bummed when they have to miss things because they are sick...so in the effort to not pass it on to others...we've been home. We've done a few fun things at home to pass the time...more on that later...when I actually get the pics downloaded!!

And lucky for me...this whole week has been freezing cold...so they can't even go outside...TOTAL bummer!

Quaid asks every day. I told him when it's 20 you can go outside. So he looked early this morning and it said 16 on our indoor temperature thing. Then after lunch he checked again...20!!!

So sure thing...I bundled all three kids up and out they went. They came in after 5 minutes because their mittens fell off...Quaid was complaining because his cheeks were cold. I, being the compassionate mom that I am, "Oh it's just cause you're not used to it...back out you go!"

Then they all came in 10 minutes later..."Mom we're cold!!" This time Quaid sort of crying because his cheeks were cold. I figured it must be cold because Quaid LOVES being outside! For him to want to come in...it must be cold. I let them all come in after only 15 minutes. I checked the temp again. Now it said 28! Wow 8 degrees in 15 minutes!! Yeah that must not be right. I went to check the weather online....

Turns out it's only 6 degrees with a -14 windchill! Oops! Maybe mom should keep up on the weather forcast!

1 comments:

Melanie B said...

Sounds like us at the moment, all the kids were sick so we were home for days!!! Then they all got better & Liv got an ear infection & can't swim for 7 days!! Try keeping a 3 yr old out of the pool when it is 35deg & her sisters are in there!!! (:
Also that sounds like weather we want to be in........NOT!! But then I could play cards with you so it might be ok!!!

Post a Comment