Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oops!!

I have been meaning to put a blog together about our fabulous weekend away...but haven't gotten there yet. Turns out that when you take a weekend away, when you get back it means catching up at home and work!! I promise...it will come soon. It's not going to be that exciting so don't get your hopes up...but it will come.


In the meantime...Keira swallowed a paperclip yesterday. That's the oops part! I was doing some mom-chores...buzzing around the house until Quaid found me.


"Mom, you got to come and see this!!"


Mom lesson #1: That is NEVER a good sign...pretty sure I've mentioned that in previous post...but again...NOT a good sign.


I enter my office to find little miss monkey sitting on my desk with everything thrown around and she's pounding on my keyboard. Nice. I looked at her and she shot me this cheesy wide grin with a little giggle. Yeah she knew...and she was trying to pull the "i'm so cute, aren't I?" card. Not so much! At that moment I grabbed her up...a certain odor wafted up to my nose....

Up the stairs we went, I laid Keira down to change her she sort of gagged....and then I saw it! I small metal paperclip in the back of her throat. I immediately lifted her up and then saw her swallow. Strange look...swallow...strange look...swallow....strange look....swallow....giddy grin!

Down the hatch it went. My first thought was, "Oh well..it's just a paperclip." And then I got a little worried. There is kind of a pointy end...that could cause some problems. I'm usually a "it will heal on it's own" sort of a mom. My boys have a few scars that prove it...Stitches are after all only for cosmetic purposes, right? And they're boys...they need scars!

So lucky me I work at a hospital...so I made a quick call to one of the ER nurses. And she told me what I thought. If Keira seems to be doing okay, then she is okay. If she's in pain...something is wrong. So I am waiting...I do want to know it comes out...so until I have proof of that, it will be some entertaining diaper changes!!

I was telling someone at work my story and he says to me, "Well at least you know she has her s**t together!" Very funny.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment