Thursday, July 8, 2010

Anxiously Awaiting....

Words can't express how absolutely anxious and excited we are for our down under family to arrive. September 15th can't come fast enough. It's been a little over 3.5 years since we've seen them. Jentzen was 6 months old, Ava 1.5, and Quaid 2.5. Yes we made the 30 hour trip with our kids that age. And to answer everyone's questions, Yes we were and still are a bit nuts, and it actually went just fine, and although it was pretty much a success I wouldn't suggest it to anyone else.

Now we have 1 more child that has never met her Auntie Mel, Uncle Anthony, and her cousins. And the other three...well they don't remember anything. I think Quaid might remember seeing the big white tigers...but that's about it. So to them, it's the first time that the names we talk about will come to life. We're so excited.

Everything we do revolves around when they're coming. We're starting school before the come, we're starting Bible Study again before they come, the snow is after they come, skiing is after they come. Then I get asked..."Are they coming today? Tomorrow? It's taking FOREVER!!!"

So we made a chain. 68 more sleeps before the family of 5 invades and we spend 6 wonderful weeks with a family of 11 in our house :)

That's the chain, high enough so Keira can't ruin it. If you sent me a Christmas picture, you're on our pantry door. If I need to return something to you it's on the counter to the left, and if you're my kids...you actually shut the door to the garage (on the blue wall)...oh no my mistake....I'm sure it was me that shut it. You guys like to be one with the flies.

2 comments:

DWNUNDR said...

Family of eleven??


WHen did we turn asian ha ha ha

Melanie B said...

OOOhhhh Kaz I missed this!!! I am tearing up.
So funny too as every day the girls wake up they say are we going to america today?? We want to see the kids. Every person we talk to knows we are coming. The chain, what an awesome idea we might do that (hey & you aren't the crafty one kaz?! LOL), if anything to stop their nagging!! we cannot wait, like seriously cannot wait. I think everyone is sick of us counting down the days!!! geez I just realised how much I have to organise!!! hahahahahah.

me xxx

Post a Comment