Monday, July 12, 2010

Backyard Part 2....

Fill 'er up and keep on truckin'. Nathan gets the easy job of sitting in an air conditioned seat all day while I....


Manually load our pavers into the back of the trailer, drive them around to the back yard and put them around to the backyard and pile them up.

200 of them. I actually don't mind. It made me feel kind of useful and I like a good workout. And really it was my fault. I'm the one who told the guy to put them in front of the house on the opposite side of the house where we needed them. I could of told him to just put a pallet at each of the four corners of where we actually need them...but what fun would that of been??
The boys were very supportive to Nathan and I. Sitting in the shade eating popsicles cheering us along every step of the way. Aren't they great??

The trampoline hole was finally dug and the kids found every way to have fun with a big hole minus jumping down in it. It is kind of deep....
Keira made her own little slide...
This is the border we started...and I use the term "we" very loosely. Turns out our backyard is clay. Clay is hard. Like a brick. Not fun. So this little border I thought we'd just slap together...well it will take hours and hours and hours....I was a bit frustrated with this. Didn't know if this was the direction we should go, so I decided to mull around some other options.
So AJ, Nathan's friend who broke our trampoline...(don't ask.....it's too painful to talk about) as his penance stopped doing the border around the play area and did this for me. He's pretty cool after all, I forgive AJ, aka the Fish Killer.

And of course last but not least. A big ole' hole makes a big ole' pile of leftover dirt...What to do, what to do....Well make some dirt bike jumps of course! So I'll be walking around the yard with my eyes closed whenever those death machines are running...hope I don't fall in the hole!

So I guess they'll be a part 3 coming one of these years when the project actually gets done!

2 comments:

Melanie B said...

Kaz you crazy worker woman!!! It looks great. I'm with the kids on being under the trampoline with Popsicles!!! Hope you aren't doing that for us cause liv would be right at home in the mud!!! I am going to steal your chain idea the girls will love it plus then they might stop nagging!!!
Me xxx

Anonymous said...

more food = more pavers

Post a Comment