Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Finally!

It's finally time to pack away the snow pants. Hats and mittens might be gone by the end of this week too!! The bikes have come out...the footballs and baseballs too!

It's a good thing too because I have a feeling that a little something from the back woods was getting a little hungry and came looking.... That's a coyote....right behind our house a few weeks ago before the big thaw. Have you ever heard a pack of coyotes howling at night? It's the most eerie sounding thing....just the thought of it makes me shudder. It has woken us up a couple of nights it's been so loud. They usually never come near people or houses...and NEVER in the daytime.


This leads me to believe that they're getting a little hungry these winter months. Or the neighbor that hunts them isn't having such a great year. Last year he said he shot 80 of them!!!


Dear Mr Hunter,


I'd like to hear a little more gun shots and a little less howling. Could you take care of that? I like my kids...they aren't dog food. Thanks so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's remember that hopefully my dog isn't "dog food" either to your little pet coyote pack out there!!!

Nanna Anne said...

Oh boy I heard them when I was over VERY eerie!!!
Not my grandkids for coyote food get em farmer!!!!

Post a Comment