Friday, March 18, 2011

It all started one day when I had some free time on my hands...I know, what's that? Right? I asked Nathan to download some pics on my blog. Only because downloading pics and I are like oil and water...sheer enemies.
I wondered what he would come up with? Nathan with his Iphone always in tow, brings about endless possibilities.
Here's the first one he came up with.

It doesn't get much better than that, does it? Jentzen plays so hard....and when he's had enough, he's had enough. And a great place to snooze just in case the action picks up again, he'll be sure not to miss it. I don't think I've ever seen the boy walk anywhere. He's full speed all the time...except while coloring. His most recent activity he's taken up. He's focused, methodical, and determined. He must color the ENTIRE page...every single little white sliver of the whole page. He won't stop until it's complete. It's fun to see him change as he gets older...the crazy, spontaneous little guy is turning out to have quite few different angles.

And then we come to the next picture. We took some friends to our cabin a few weekends ago. It was great fun. The took a trip out to the lake. The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever to be walking on the lake.

And now to the next picture...let's pause for a moment until I find words.....keep waiting........longer.......longer.......longer.......

I've come up with a few things. I'm pretty sure that he's not trying to tell me I have big feet. Because I don't. I always wear my seat belt, so I'm sure it's not a subtle reminder of that. If he would ever let me drive, not that I want to, he might have that look on his face while being my passenger. I've never been in an accident or in the ditch, but I've had a few tickets and I have a need to follow closely to the cars in front of me and always be the fastest one on the road. I think that goes back to my childhood being the youngest one, always left behind, running to catch up, getting cut off while following taller siblings, no one ever saw me cause I'm short and always have been. It could be because he let me teach him a new card game last night...Cribbage...numbers and math related things usually cause that look on his face. Or maybe it's just the clear fact that he's stuck with doing life with me for the remainder of his life...until death do us part. That just may bring about that particular image in his mind :)

And then sweet Ava...she's really going to love this one when she's 25. I can't exactly figure out what angle this is taken from...she's in her bed, near her beloved Pillow Pet. And from what it looks like, she's been eating crayon and now has multi-colored drool. I'm really hoping that's not the case...she is 5 after all. I hope we've grown out of that by now.

And here's sweet Keira. This was mid-school-room reorganizing. She's so helpful isn't she! A perfect place to just sit and have snack.

And then there's this pair.
Keira is pretty much attached to this guy we call RW. She can't get enough of him. And truth be told, I don't think he minds....even with what happened earlier this week. It involved Keira wearing only undies, and her not wanting to take a trip through the kitchen, around the corner and into the bathroom. Oops...she did feel bad for the record.

0 comments:

Post a Comment