Thursday, April 2, 2009

What did you say??

We were watching Ice Age 2 the other night...which actually we won't be doing again...I love the first one, have seen the 2nd but didn't really remember it.


On a side note...it's funny how your perspective changes when viewing or hearing things with little children. Things that fly right by our adult polluted ears and minds are now brought back to awareness shining a "3year old" light on them. A fun kids movie I thought not so much....We will be getting rid of that one! And for that matter...if it's not teaching them something good then what's the point. I really try to have a purpose with my kids and the things they do...not just mindless ramblings of nothing.


Anyways, there was a scene with all the animals walking...


Ava: "What are they doing mom?"


Me: "They are migrating." (a new word for my little learner)


Ava: "What?"


Me: "When animals move to another home it's called, migrate"


(total silence for a few moments)


Ava: "No it's not mom."


Me: "Yes it is Ava, it is called migrate when animals move."


Ava: "No it isn't"


Me: "Ava...."(with that don't argue with me or stop being silly look)


(a few more moments of silence)


Ava: (In her most serious, confident, know-it-all look) "It's not YOUR "grate" mom, it's THEIR "grate." They are walking, it's their "grate."


Get it??? My- grate!!! Yeah I had a bit of a laugh at that one.

1 comments:

Melanie B said...

she is very funny. I agree with the Ice Age 2 thing, I don't let the girls watch it either. You notice ever so gently (& sometimes not so) how the worlds ideals & morals come through even in G rated things!!!

Post a Comment