Monday, July 20, 2009

Birthday Suprises

On Friday evening, we were all sitting around the table eating dinner...and here the conversation goes...

Q: "Mom, is it Monday tomorrow?

Me: "No it's Saturday, then there's Sunday, and then comes Monday."

Q: "Oh cause on Monday we're going to grandmas."

Me: "Yes you are because I have to go to work."

Q: "Yeah and we're going to mmm.........." (stopped dead in his speech)

A: (super excitedly) "Yeah we're going to...."

Q: "Ava!!! No, it's a surprise!!"

A: (whispering to Quaid as if she didn't realize I could still hear her) "Oh yeah, grandma said we couldn't tell mom, didn't she!"

Q: (looking at me curiously to see if I was catching on) "No we can't, it's a surprise."

A: "Can you guess, Mom?"

Q: "Ava, you can't guess surprises....it's a surprise!"

A: "Oh yeah." (whispering in my ear) "Can you think of something that has sprinkles on it?"

Me: " I don't know? I'll have to wait and see."

Q: (overhearing Ava) "You can't guess mom, but it does have sprinkles!"

A: "Come on mom, can you guess? It starts with birth."

Me: "I'll just wait and see until Monday."

Q: "Ava it does not, it starts with cup."

A: (Leaning over as close to my ear as she could get, whispering as quiet as she could) "It's a birthday cake!"

The poor girl just couldn't resist!

Q: "Ava!!!! It's a cupcake and now you ruined the surprise!!!!"

What Ava knows....we all know...take note!

0 comments:

Post a Comment