Thursday, November 18, 2010

I thought I'd take a break from the Brewin Reminiscent Series to let you know that winter came. If you live here in Minnesota, and if you missed it, there's snow on the ground. Not just a dusting...but real snow.

I'm somewhat okay with that. If it's going to be cold there might as well be snow. It was a think heavy wet snow...perfect for snowmen!

The kids did this one by themselves. I don't do snow. I stay inside and take pictures from the comfort of my nice warm house with my slippers on. I know, bad mom. I love how they just felt free to rip the branches off our nearby pine trees. The boy needs arms right?

And I don't do snow right now because Keira and I spend most of our days hanging out in the kitchen like this. A snowsuit would somewhat hinder the process...and the option to drop trou and let 'er flow in the middle of winter...well I think that's somehow inhumane.

Yes Keira, I like to squeeze those little cheeks too.

And your boots are a PERFECT accessory. That girls has fashion skills at 23 months...ooohhh the places she will go.

The snow came and we still had toys in the yard. The sand diggers became snow shovels. I love a toy with dual purpose.



This snowman has pumpkins for shoes...or maybe he's a snowgirl and froze something off her top half? I'm not sure what artistic expression the kids were going for here.


And seeing as how just 1 week prior it was 50-60 degrees we still had the trampoline up. I've lived here in the winter for 29 years. And somehow every year winter and the snow catches me off guard.
So get our your shovels kids and clear the trampoline. It kept them busy and by the end of 3 days they had it done. We'll see what they do with the big hole and snow. I'd make a snow fort. Oh wait, I don't do snow...

2 comments:

Melanie B said...

OMG it doesn't look like the same place. Oooh the girls would be sooo excited. I would be more in your camp, staying inside enjoying the warm. Love Keiras boots, she is a fashionista!!! Cute butt cheeks.

M xx

Nanna Anne said...

I'm on your side the side that stays WARM and inside!
Cute outfit Keira just like your Dad,when he was little only he wore a bucket on his head and little else.Looks like this one keeps you on your toes,what a character!Hee hee

Post a Comment