Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Blessing of Nothing

When ever my kids were acting up or did something that was less than desirable behavior and I would get frustrated with them, my mom always says..."Be thankful that they can do that. It's a blessing that your kids are healthy and behaving normally." What a wise statement.

I haven't posted in awhile. I have had a total blank mind. No stories, no funny comments, nothing too exciting.

In all of this nothingness, I realized...what a blessing.

We are having no crisis, no problems, no huge struggles, our kids are healthy, behaving normally, no tragic things happening to our closest friends and family, really nothing to tell.

What a blessing to have nothing to say!!

I have heard of two stories of families I don't know that have gone through terrible loss and tragedy, nearly bringing me to tears even though I don't know them. I'm sure if you ask them, they will say that the Lord is good and are still feeling blessed even in their pain and sadness. Even loss and pain can bring glory to the Lord as many of us know. There's always a lesson to learn, a quality that develops more strongly in us, an event that allows us to help and comfort someone else in the future. No matter what happens to me, if I let Him, the Lord will bring me through the other side, even better than when I started.

I am working on truly believing myself when I say, "Whatever you need to do Lord to get me deeper with you, do it, no matter what it is." Naturally none of us welcome pain and tragedy in our lives but sometimes it is necessary because we get in the way of ourselves.

So for today I am thanking the Lord for the blessing of nothing especially concerning my kids!

If there was something to say, the following may have not happened:

Q: "Mom! Come and see what Jentzen did!!" (this in NEVER a good statement)

A: "Yeah, he did something really really bad!!"

Me: "I don't want to come see, I want you to tell me first."

Q: "He spilled soap all over the floor!!"

Me: "Oh great!"

I ran upstairs to find three neat piles of pumped out liquid soap on his bedroom carpet. I spooned it up, got most of it and decided to let the rest dry and work itself out. Thank goodness it wasn't colored and made a stain, but even if it did....

Thank you Lord that I have a perfectly healthy child that is able to run and play...(and dump soap on the floor:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment