Monday, March 16, 2009

Boys vs Girls....

We have two sets of friends that have a girl Ava's age and a boy Jentzen's age...so guess who's left out. Yep poor Quaid. The first time this patricular family came over, I won't name names. The kids were all playing...so I thought and then Quaid came slowing tredging over like he had bricks in his shoes, his head hung low, half slumped over with the saddest look on his face.

Me: "What's wrong? Aren't you having fun playing?"

Q: "No one is playing with me."

He crawled up on daddy's lap and sat there for the rest of the night :( The girls were playing girly and the little boys were far too immature for my Quaid.

A while later our other friends came over with their kids...the same age as Ava and Jentzen. So this time Quaid was a little bit older and little bit wiser. If he couldn't play with them he was going to be sure that he was included in their play.

The girls came running......screaming.....

A: "Quaid is being a tiger and we don't like it!!"

Other girl: "yeah, he's chasing us!"

A: "He's taking our dolls!"

Yes, it was true...my boy was the one picking on the girls!!

He was spoken to many many times that night about not picking on the girls. I know he was just trying to be included but really....

So bring on another night with the first couple when Quaid was feeling a bit left out. We forewarned him that picking on the girls was not going to be allowed. He had been running and running around the house he came in huffing and puffing for the conversation.

Daddy: "Son, there will be no picking on the girls tonight."

Q: "Dad, I'm too sweaty to pick on anyone! I won't!"

So I thought that was the end of that.

It all started up again.

A: "Mom, Quaid is trying to fight our babies and we don't like it!! And Jentzen is being a dragon and getting us!!"

Yes, that's right. He was all dressed up in his Incredible Hulk costume with a mask on, yeliding his sword chasing them through the kitchen. And now he has joined with his little brother into terrorizing his sister and her friend.

Me: "Quaid, what did I say about picking on the girls?"

Q: "Not to."

Me: "Yes Quaid. You are the big brother, you're supposed to be protecting your sisters."

Q: "from the dragons?"

I could see it then...the little mind ticking away. I could imagine what thoughts were emerging...."hhhmmmm, mom said protect Ava...from the dragons....Jentzen is a dragon....I have a sword........that means mom said I can whack Jentzen with the sword!!!"

Me: "Yes Quaid take care of Ava and her babies."

Q: "Okay!!!"

Jentzen only came running once because Quaid hit him....and I never heard another thing from Quaid or the girls. I guess you give the man a little power and everything is okay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment