Sunday, March 22, 2009





What is it with kids and mud? There is something about it that screams, "Jump in me, sit in me, run through me, soak your clothes in me."

I remember my sister who has spent many years living in Ecuador. She told me how even though the cultures are very very different, kids are still the same. They make up the same games....you know the one we have all played....Putting pillows all over the floor and then jumping across them, not touching the floor because if we did, we would be "out", eaten by a crocodile, or burnt by the fire underneath? This is a game that is not taught but just created...and how interesting...kids no matter where you are in the world, kids are the same, they like to ride bikes, make up games, and of course...play in the mud!!! So I rest easy...my kids are normal.

Although my kids seem to find that playing with mud right on our front step is the very best place...a bit annoying, but I have let it go. They are having fun, being creative and really...a good hose down when it gets a little bit warmer will take care of it all!


But then there was another day around our house....another muddy day......and oh no...it wasn't my kids this time....Seriously....what is this?????
Yes it is Nathan's car. And Yes....it's supposed to be white!! And no Nathan was not doing this alone. There was actually 2 others that joined Nathan this day. So there were three boys...I mean "men"....that were spinning around through the field trying to get their cars as dirty as possible.

And yet there was even a sadder part of the story. Of course as sensible wife...I ask why?

"We're doing a photoshoot for a car contest on the Subaru forum." (A very logical reason in his head I'm sure)

uummmm suuure....a "photoshoot" for a "car contest" yeah honey, I get it a "reason" to go hotdoggin' through the mud with your friends.

I guess the "kids" never grow up!!!

PS...Nathan spent at least 3 hours outside trying to hose his car off and still didn't get it all out...hhhhmmmm was it really worth it????

0 comments:

Post a Comment