Sunday, March 15, 2009

Laundry Woes....

Last week as you've noticed, I didn't get to my blog much...pretty disappointed in myself...but it was a crazy week. It started on Sunday and didn't end till Saturday afternoon. Nathan is a bit slow at work so we sort of switched roles for the week. I worked a lot and he stayed home with the kids. Staying at home also entails helping out with the housework. I don't think I did the dishes once all last week!! How awesome is that!!!

Laundry is another daily chore that needs to be done...a few days left undone and it piles up. I'm not sure how we get so many dirty clothes, but it just happens. So one day Nathan did the laundry. It had piled up over the weekend...so with blankets, towels, clothes...there was almost 6 loads that needed to be done. So Nathan was busy at it all day.

A little precursor conversation that happened shortly after we moved in...

Me: "Honey, they installed the washer and dryer backwards...the doors open into each other so every time I take something out I will have to go around the doors."

N: "So?"

Me: "Well it's kind of a pain....do you think you can switch them around when you have time?"

N: "Well I'll see if I can change the swing on the doors."

So he changed the swing on one of them so I didn't have to go around both doors, but still quite a pain to go around one door.

N: "Well I got one door, the other one won't change so you'll just have to work with it."

Me: "Really? You can't just swap them around."

N: (getting a little impatient with me) "No all the ducting, and gas lines are all run...it can't be done."

Fast forward to the day a few days ago when Nathan was doing all the laundry. I came home from work to see him finishing up the last load for the day.

N: "I think this spring I'll see if I can switch these around so the door isn't in the middle."

Me: (smirking in my mind) "Oh really? Kind of a pain isn't it?"

N: "Yeah, I'll pull them out and see what I can do."

Me: "I thought you couldn't move the ducting and gas line?"

N: "Well I should be able to figure something out."

So interesting when I was doing laundry it wasn't that big of a deal...but when Nathan had to deal with it himself...all of a sudden it became something that needed to be fixed!!!

I was a bit bummed about working full time last week...but if that's what needed to be done to get my laundry room sorted out...then bring it on!!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment