Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to the Gym...

It all started at 1:45 in the morning...how did I know the one morning I want to actually do something before Keira gets a little needy. I hear a fuss...oh great, here we go. That was way too early to feed her...she usually gets up between 2:30-3:30, after which she sleeps another 4 hours. So If she gets up closer to the 3-3:30 time then I know I'm golden for the morning to get up at 5:45 and workout for an hour and be home by 7:00 so Nathan can get up and going for work. So I tried the pacifier...she will take it and is happy with it but she's at the age where she keeps spitting it out (if only she knew what was good for her) so I did that for 45 minutes and figured 2:30...I'll feed her. Well then 6 minutes before my alarm goes off another fuss...Dang!! The challenges of a newborn and not being able to say, "It's not time yet, go back to sleep."

It was then that Nathan jumped up, grabbed her and took over so I could go...What a man!!! He's always been great in the mornings letting me get my morning workout in....We went through this same process with Jentzen and he never once complained. Maybe it's the end result of me exercising that motivates him????

So I'm all ready to go...jump on the eliptical and punch in the program codes and get started. It feels so good to be back at it. The sweat is coming, my heart rate is up, breathing hard, legs burning, have already needed a few drinks of water...I look down at the time.....1:06! One Minute!?!?! I've only been going for 1 minute!!!! True I haven't worked out in 4 months but seriously!?!?!

I should have known this was going to be the case as last week after bringing the wheely bins (I love that Aussie phrase...so much fun to say than garbage cans) to the end of the drive way. It was cold so I decided to have a little jog on the way back...I was huffing and puffing like I had run a marathon!!

I managed to finish 15 minutes and walked for 10...a little disappointing but gotta start somewhere. I did do a little weight lifting also...if I miss my daily blog tomorrow it's probably because I am on the couch completely unable to move!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment