Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bed Time Conversations

So it's late and it was my first day back at work. Keira had some issues with her little fingers freezing last night so she was up a few times...I worked 10 hours, went shopping with Nancy, then grocery shopping and I am home now 15 hours after I left....but I'm determined to write every day, so here goes.

Everyone always says that putting your kids to bed ends up being the best conversations you'll ever have with them...maybe I'll have to wait till they're a bit older because this is what they came up with last night...

Quaid: "You know those pirates on Veggie Tales...they don't do anything...nothing at all mom....they just lay around."

Me: "That's okay...they can do that."

Quaid: "They don't even go to the bathroom...they don't have any butts. None of the Veggies do."

Me: "You're right Quaid"

What was I supposed to say to that!?!?

Me: "Ava you can't get out of bed till the sun comes up. The sun tells us when it's time to get up."

Ava: "But mom, he doesn't have any mouth."

Me: "Ava, I just meant that when the sun comes up then we know it's time to get up."

Ava: "Oh"

Me: "Now if you need to go potty, get up, jump out of bed and go."

Ava: "Mom, I can't...if I jump out of my bed, I'll get hurt."

Me: "Ava, I just meant if you need to go potty, climb down then stairs and go."

Seriously must she take everything so literally??? I guess I better learn now to say what I mean or I'll be saying it again.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Karen,
I know this is just blog writing, but I think you are a very gifted writer. Every thing is clear and logical, and the slight humor you bring to parenting is truly endearing. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blogs... it's fun to be involved in your life when life sometimes gets to busy to be involved :) Love you girl, thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment