Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nighttime Buddies...

Nathan is gone for the weekend at the Subaru Ice Races...AKA "a bunch of guys acting like 16 year olds racing their cars around on the ice trying whip as many doughnuts as they can without hitting the snowbanks" So I was eagerly awaiting a great nights sleep (on Nathan's side of the bed :)...I always want to switch for a night and he NEVER will, so guess what honey? the chance came and I took it!!!) and sleeping in as long as I could with my 4 kids. Keira was a star, eating quickly and right back to sleep. I settled back into bed and was planning on 4 more solid hours. Then at 4 am Jentzen comes running in...using his night time quiet voice...NOT...." in my bed!!" He said this mystery word followed by "in my bed several times." And as a two year old, if you don't repeat back to them exactly what they said they will keep going on it until you do. Since I was in a sleepy fog I just kept saying, "It's too early Jentzen, go back to bed." Obviously this wasn't what he said so it wasn't good enough. So I walked him back to his room and finally understood....

4am:

Me: "There's a spider in your bed?"

J: "Yeah, big one."

Me: "Jentzen there's not a spider in your bed."

J: "Yes there is!" (sounding quite concerned)

Me: "There's nothing in your bed, go back to sleep."

J: "Spider in Quaid's bed?"

Me: "There's nothing in your bed or Quaid's bed...go back to sleep."

J : "Okay."

I wandered back into my tomb of a bedroom. We finally got curtains on our windows which is quite a change from the "moon nightlight"

4:10am

J: "Mommy?"

Me: (before he even got started) "Jentzen your bed is just fine, go back to bed."

No sound, away he went back to bed. Yes!!!!

4:22am

J: "Mommy? Done sleeping?"

Me: "Jentzen go back to bed and do not come out again!"

No sound again! Finally victory. I'm not sure why he's so in love with 4am. I'm really not so much. The other morning he comes walking in that same time.

J: "Feed baby Keira?"

Me: "No Jentzen she's still sleeping, it's not time to get up yet."

J: "Oh" (walking back to his room)

What a nut....if only he could tell time!!

So this morning I had to find out what he was thinking.

Me: "Jentzen why did you get up last night?"

J: "I don't know."

Me: "Did you think there was a spider in your bed?"

J: "YEAH!!!" (with an enlightened excited look)

Me: "Jentzen, there's no spiders in your bed."

J: "Shark!"

Me: "There was a shark in your bed?"

J: "Yeah big one!"

Me: "Jentzen there isn't a shark in your bed."

J: "Yeah there was, Waggy Tail!!"

Me: "The shark in your bed has a waggy tail?"

J: "YEAH!!"

Quaid: "Jentzen, sharks live in the water."

J: (satisfied by that answer) "Oh"

Who knows what a 2 year old is thinking. I love the imagination....just not at 4am!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment